Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Well, The Toppings Were Good...


So, my first attempt at a gluten-free pizza left much to be desired. The crust was, shall we say, not good. It was like a very dry crumbly corn bread that constantly fell apart. The toppings, however, were quite good. We sprang for real mozarella - you know, that lump in the cheese case - rather than the usual shredded variety, and it was definitely worth it. The toppings also featured mushrooms, bell peppers, and bacon - yum. The next day, we were faced with leftovers for lunch. Forget it, I thought. I scraped the toppings off the mess of a crust, plopped them on a corn tortilla and heated it in the oven. Neither Italian nor Mexican, it was pretty good. I'm still on the search for a suitable pizza arrangement. Amy's brand foods has a gluten free pizza made with a rice crust that it actually pretty good (Husband even thought it wasn't bad), so I may content myself with doctoring up some of those. But I really miss pizza....

No comments: