Wednesday, October 8, 2008

'Heel Afghan

So, apparently my sister has taken sole claim of the afghan that I made for her and her husband for their wedding. My brother-in-law, consequently, has been wishing for one of his own. Thus, the Tarheel Afghan. Hopefully, I'll be done with it in time for Christmas. (I am a very slow and sporadic crocheter, especially during the semester). At any rate, it took awhile to figure out the cross-stitch pattern for the UNC logo - in the end, I free-handed it on graph paper and then outlined the closest square. It is not perfect - the N in particular is rather deformed, but it is recognizable, and, I think, pretty neat. The intial square began to get unwieldly and awkward - I prefer stripes to rounds, so I scrapped my original idea of making the square large enough to cover the entire width of the afghan. Instead, I am currently adding stripes to the bottom, and when it is long enough, I'll add stripes down the sides to make it wide enough. This is my first attempt at an afghan without using a pattern, so we'll see how it turns out.

1 comment:

X said...

Your afghan is AMAZING -- you're definitely gifted!
:)